MSNP9 Protocol Specification

Talk about anything else you like.

MSNP9 Protocol Specification

Postby is-serp » January 28th, 2004, 6:52 pm

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank you developers for KMess. IMO, after having used other MSN clients for Linux, I have to say that yours is the best out there. Good job guys! :)

Now for my question ;) Can anyone tell me where I can find the specification for the MSNP9 Protocol, as I am interested in developing a free & open source MSN Messenger clone for the .NET framework?

Thanks for your help,
Josef
is-serp

Postby mkb137 » January 29th, 2004, 2:37 am

Oh, but you're not interested in helping out with KMess, eh?

Anyway, you can check this out:
http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/research/msnp9.php
mkb137
Developer (*)

Postby is-serp » January 29th, 2004, 11:58 am

I would love to help in KMess but I still don't know any C++ Programming. I can do Java, C (mostly using UNIX system calls, don't have much experience of using C on windows), C#, Perl, Pascal, Prolog, occam, PHP.... this is all I can remember so far... lol

I am trying to learn C++ and it's one of my top priorities next summer (lol instead of taking a break from the usual university rountine :P). If there's anyway I can help you using any of the above languages I'd be more than happy to. I enjoy programming on Linux more than I do on Windows. Feel free to contact me either using email or on KMess using is_serp@hotmail.com

Thanks for you help. :D

Josef
Josef
is-serp

Postby mkb137 » January 30th, 2004, 4:12 am

Then you must know that every object-oriented language is pretty similar, except in a few of the details. And since java is heavily based on C++, even a lot of the details are the same. You're welcome to poke around KMess's code and see if you think you can improve anything or implement missing features.
mkb137
Developer (*)

Postby is-serp » January 30th, 2004, 10:25 am

Ok I'm in ;) Right now I'm having tests at university so I won't be available for another week and a half. Then I'll contact you so that we can talk. May I add you to my KMess list?

Thanks,
Josef
is-serp

Return to Off-Topic